Will CO2 become the fuel of the future
Who will discover the most efficient and cheapest way to turn CO2, something we are currently fearing and think will in one possible doom scenario end existence on our beloved planet as we know it, into the next big thing that will fuel our need for energy. Wouldn’t it be funny if our carbon emissions gave us part of the energy demand that the world is looking for.
Scientists all over the world are looking into way to convert CO2 into fuel.
One of the companies that is the furthest in the development of such technologies is Carbon Engeneering, with their direct air capture system. They are around for more than 10 years and one of their founders is also Bill Gates. One of their planned CO2 cleaning plant can take out of the atmosphere the same amount of CO2 as 40 million trees and produce fuel for our cars.
- Nature – Continuous production of pure liquid fuel solutions via electrocatalytic CO2 reduction using solid-electrolyte devices
- Nanowerk – Harnessing greenhouse gas for batteries
- Popular Mechanics – This Crazy, Cheap Technology Can Turn Carbon Dioxide into Fuel
- Science Alert – Engineers Build a Device That Effectively Transforms CO2 Into Liquid Fuel
- Gizmodo – Can We Charge Batteries With Greenhouse Gases?
- National Geographic – This Gasoline Is Made of Carbon Sucked From the Air
- Standford News – Stanford researchers create new catalyst that can turn carbon dioxide into fuels
- Argonne – Turning carbon dioxide into liquid fuel